REGISTRATION DEADLINE: NOV 4TH, 2018
November 17 - 18 8:30 - 4:30
University of Victoria,* Clearihue Room C108, 3800 Finnerty Rd, Victoria BC
This is a two day Foundations of Motivational Interviewing Workshop with CCMI MINT Trainer Jenny Spring.
Motivational Interviewing (MI) is “a collaborative conversation style to strengthen a person’s own motivation and commitment to change.” (Miller and Rollnick, 2012). From collaborative agenda setting to giving information in a way that is received and understood to guiding behavioral change, MI skills can enhance our success in providing patient-centered care. This highly interactive workshop focuses on the key attitudes, skills and strategies that are linked to effectiveness in supporting change.
*This workshop is not offered or sponsored by the University of Victoria and the University is not responsible for the content
- Contrast MI consistent and inconsistent practices.
- Describe the Spirit of MI and ways to express it.
- Describe and demonstrate core skills for MI
- Identify ways to provide information and advice consistent with the Spirit of MI.
- Recognize and strategically respond to sustain and change talk
- Describe the four processes of Motivational Interviewing.
- Define and demonstrate Brief Action Planning
- Describe contributors to difficult situations and demonstrate MI consistent responses.
- Apply skills to practice.
Your cart is empty